An integral part of Meridian High School is Pinnacle; our enhanced learning provision (ELP). At Meridian, we are proud to offer personalised learning for all students, including those who have been identified as requiring additional support; liaising with students and parents to arrange the best possible provision so that all students can reach their potential.
Pinnacle is a hub of learning. As part of our students’ personalised learning experience, we offer an alternative curriculum provision (/2065/alternative-curriculum), including:
Neurological Differences Provisions:
- ASDAN https://books.google.co.uk/books?hl=en&lr=&id=oh8cBQAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA99&dq=research+about+ASDAN&ots=I3Sl3ABiWf&sig=s1qUgbEt4B8lSFzVNgIQRSrLxos#v=onepage&q&f=false
- Forest School https://www.forestresearch.gov.uk/research/forest-schools-impact-on-young-children-in-england-and-wales/
- Finance https://sjes.springeropen.com/articles/10.1186/s41937-019-0027-5
- Home Cooking https://openaccess.city.ac.uk/id/eprint/15948/1/Lavelle_et_al-2016-International_Journal_of_Behavioral_Nutrition_and_Physical_Activity.pdf
- Health & Social Care
- Lego Therapy The-Effectiveness-of-Lego-Therapy-Intervention-UCL.pdf
Literacy and Language Provisions:
- Speech and Language Sessions
- Literacy Sessions (including Lexia and Dyslexia Gold)
- Numeracy & Literacy Catch-Up
- A Reading Buddy Scheme (coming February 2022)
As well as offering academic support, Pinnacle is a key pastoral provision for students with ASD or SLCN. Some students attend a Pinnacle tutor group and have a Pinnacle form tutor, others access the provision as a safe social space at break and lunch times. Our two sensory rooms are equipped with the tools and resources that students can use to help them refocus and prepare themselves for learning.