When we joined the GLF Schools group in October 2016, the clock was reset on when we should expect our next full Section 5 Ofsted inspection. Our last full S5 inspection was in March 2015 and our next S5 inspection is not expected during the current 2018/19 school year. In the interim, Ofsted visited the school on Thursday 12th October 2017 to carry out a Section 8 monitoring inspection, focusing on leadership and management. Inspectors do not grade a school on these S8 visits so there is no judgement grade to share with you. We are pleased to tell you that they made the following comments:
- Leaders and the trust have a precise and accurate view of the school’s strengths and areas in need of development.
- Leaders have put strategies in place to support pupils make accelerated progress
- Improvements have accelerated recently
- Leaders have planned a curriculum that balances their high ambition for pupils’ development and the school’s resources
- Pupils told inspectors that they feel happy and safe at school
We are pleased that the inspectors agreed that we have a clear focus on what the school needs to do to improve further and their priorities for our further improvement match our own assessment. While a copy of their full monitoring visit letter is available on our website, in summary they said we should:
- Ensure that prompt and effective support helps Year 11 pupils of all abilities make much improved progress across all subjects
- Embed strategies to improve assessment, teaching and leadership so that pupils’ progress is consistently good or better across subjects and year groups
- Improve pupils’ literacy skills so that their access to the curriculum is unhindered, particularly low prior attainers
The Department of Education (DfE) publish secondary school results/tables every January. This link will take you to the latest data they published for our school.