What we say in our motto is true: "Where Children Grow, Learn and Flourish." Each of our schools has its own distinct character and culture which is respectful of its community and context but their utmost common ground is that it is our staff that make each school. Our collective GLF culture is built upon caring for our children and students by enabling our staff to provide the best possible education with the resources at our disposal.
We have a simple mission. We are: “A supportive family of schools where together we grow, learn and flourish”
By 2018, GLF Schools will comprise at least 25 primary, special and secondary schools across five local authorities within two regions overseen by the Regional Schools Commissioners.
Each school has GLF Schools’ vision on display:
‘Learning and Teaching’ is the core purpose at GLF Schools. We are committed to raising the aspirations and achievement of our children and young people through:
- Outstanding leadership at all levels
- Inspiring learning and support for all delivered by dynamic and passionate professionals
- Instilling a sense of challenge, enjoyment and passion for learning
- A curriculum, unique to each school, which suits the needs of its children in their local community
- All children will be supported and encouraged to lead healthy and active lives; making sensible choices whilst respecting the views and attitudes of others
- Appreciative of our children, students and their families
- Commitment to excellent education for all
- Friendly and caring
- Positive and passionate in everything we do
- Honest, open and keep our commitments
GLF Schools holds an ambitious vision for education. Its schools are committed to our core remit of providing an outstanding educational experience so that:
- every child and student is highly valued and expected to achieve their full potential no matter what their socio-economic background
- all children will enjoy their learning, attain high outcomes and be helped to become confident individuals and responsible citizens whilst making excellent progress
- all children will benefit from an inclusive ethos, excellent teaching and a broad and balanced curriculum underpinned by strong leadership, in a local school
- all children will be supported and encouraged to lead healthy and active lives, making sensible choices whilst respecting the views and attitudes of others
As part of GLF Schools, there are a range of policies that are central across all schools that can be found in the link below.
The following links are provided for your information.